Laurentinus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Laurence:
From the Latin Laurentius (man from Laurentum), which is from Laurentum, the name of a town in Latium, which is probably derived from laurus (laurel). The name was borne by St. Laurence the Deacon, who was martyred in Rome in 258. When ordered to hand over the church's treasures, he presented the sick and the poor. For this he was roasted alive on a gridiron. 237 churches are dedicated to him in England.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Laurentinus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Laurentinus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Laurentinus
- Comments and insights on the name Laurentinus
Laurentinus is a derivative of the Latin name Laurentius (Laurence).
- Personal experiences with the name Laurentinus
- Nicknames for Laurentinus
- Meanings and history of the name Laurentinus
- Famous real-life people named Laurentinus
Saint Laurentinus was a third-century martyr from Carthage (modern-day Tunisia).
- Laurentinus in song, story & screen