Lawrance Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lawrence:
From the Latin Laurentius (man from Laurentum), which is from Laurentum, the name of a town in Latium, which is probably derived from laurus (laurel). The name was borne by St. Laurence the Deacon, who was martyred in Rome in 258. When ordered to hand over the church's treasures, he presented the sick and the poor. For this he was roasted alive on a gridiron. 237 churches are dedicated to him in England. Var: Laurence.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lawrance? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lawrance
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lawrance
- Comments and insights on the name Lawrance
- Personal experiences with the name Lawrance
- Nicknames for Lawrance
- Meanings and history of the name Lawrance
- Famous real-life people named Lawrance
Lawrance Collingwood - an English conductor and composer
- Lawrance in song, story & screen