Leen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leonard:
A borrowing from the Old French, Leonard is from the Old High German Lewenhart, a compound name composed from the elements lewo (lion) and hart (strong, brave, hearty): hence, "brave as a lion, lion-hearted." The name was introduced to England by the Normans but did not become popular until the 19th century. Var: Lennard.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leen? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leen
- Comments and insights on the name Leen
- Personal experiences with the name Leen
- Nicknames for Leen
- Meanings and history of the name Leen
Germanic origin meaning "strong as the lion".
- Famous real-life people named Leen
- Leen in song, story & screen