Lennert Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leonard:
A borrowing from the Old French, Leonard is from the Old High German Lewenhart, a compound name composed from the elements lewo (lion) and hart (strong, brave, hearty): hence, "brave as a lion, lion-hearted." The name was introduced to England by the Normans but did not become popular until the 19th century. Var: Lennard.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lennert? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lennert
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lennert
- Comments and insights on the name Lennert
short form of Leonhard used in German
- Personal experiences with the name Lennert
- Nicknames for Lennert
- Meanings and history of the name Lennert
- Famous real-life people named Lennert
- Lennert in song, story & screen