Leviticus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Levi:
Derived from the Hebrew lēwī (joining, adhesion). The name is borne in the Bible by the third son of Jacob and Leah. He was progenitor of the tribe of Levi, which took on priestly duties for the twelve tribes. (GEN. 29)
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leviticus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leviticus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leviticus
- Comments and insights on the name Leviticus
- Personal experiences with the name Leviticus
- Nicknames for Leviticus
- Meanings and history of the name Leviticus
A book in the Bible's Old Testament
Latin, meaning "book of the Levites"
- Famous real-life people named Leviticus
- Leviticus in song, story & screen