Lochlyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name lachlan:
Derived from the Gaelic laochail (war-like), which is from the root laoch (war, strife). Alternatively, it may be from the Irish Lochlainn (Lakeland, Fiordland), a name that originated from the name the Irish used for the native home of the Norse invaders. Var: Lachann, Lachlann.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lochlyn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lochlyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lochlyn
- Comments and insights on the name Lochlyn
- Personal experiences with the name Lochlyn
- Nicknames for Lochlyn
- Meanings and history of the name Lochlyn
It is Scottish for a lake or fjord.
Variant spelling of Lachlan.
- Famous real-life people named Lochlyn
Actor Lochlyn Munroe
Lochlyn Kyla Vaughn (Vince Vaughn's Daughter)
- Lochlyn in song, story & screen