Lowell Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lowell:
Derived from the Anglo-French lovel (wolf cub), which is a diminutive form of love (wolf). Var: Louvel, Lowe, Lowell.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lowell? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lowell
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lowell
- Comments and insights on the name Lowell
- Personal experiences with the name Lowell
- Nicknames for Lowell
- Meanings and history of the name Lowell
- Famous real-life people named Lowell
Robert Lowell, American poet
James Russell Lowell - American Poet
- Lowell in song, story & screen