Lucious Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucius:
A borrowing from the Latin, Lucius is derived from the root lux (light) or from the Ecclesiastic Greek Loukas, a contraction of Loukanos (man from Lucania). Lucania was the name of a district in southern Italy. The name has been used in Ireland to Anglicize the name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lucious? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lucious
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lucious
- Comments and insights on the name Lucious
- Personal experiences with the name Lucious
- Nicknames for Lucious
- Meanings and history of the name Lucious
- Famous real-life people named Lucious
- Lucious in song, story & screen