Luiz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Louis:
Derived from the Old French Loeis, which is from the Old High German Hluodowig (famous in war), a compound name composed from the elements hluod (famous) and wīg (war, strife). Var: Lewis, Luis.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Luiz? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Luiz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Luiz
- Comments and insights on the name Luiz
form of Louis/Luis used in Brazilian Portuguese
- Personal experiences with the name Luiz
- Nicknames for Luiz
- Meanings and history of the name Luiz
- Famous real-life people named Luiz
- Luiz in song, story & screen
Luiz, the king of Barataria, from the opera "The Gondoliers" by Gilbert and Sullivan