Lukian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucius:
A borrowing from the Latin, Lucius is derived from the root lux (light) or from the Ecclesiastic Greek Loukas, a contraction of Loukanos (man from Lucania). Lucania was the name of a district in southern Italy. The name has been used in Ireland to Anglicize the name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lukian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lukian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lukian
- Comments and insights on the name Lukian
Possibly associated with the name "Luke"
- Personal experiences with the name Lukian
- Nicknames for Lukian
- Meanings and history of the name Lukian
Slavic name (Ukrainian, Russian) related to the French "Lucien" and ultimately the Latin "Lucius," a name deriving from the Latin word 'lux,' meaning "light."
- Famous real-life people named Lukian
- Lukian in song, story & screen