Lyall Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lyle:
Transferred use of the English surname which evolved from the French De L'Isle (dweller on the isle).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lyall? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lyall
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lyall
- Comments and insights on the name Lyall
- Personal experiences with the name Lyall
- Nicknames for Lyall
- Meanings and history of the name Lyall
The name Lyall comes from a Scottish surname, which means 'wolf'.
- Famous real-life people named Lyall
Lyall Watson, botanist, zoologist, biologist, anthropologist, ethologist, author
- Lyall in song, story & screen
Lyall Lupin, father of Remus Lupin in Harry Potter