Lyle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lyle:
Transferred use of the English surname which evolved from the French De L'Isle (dweller on the isle).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lyle? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lyle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lyle
- Comments and insights on the name Lyle
- Personal experiences with the name Lyle
- Nicknames for Lyle
- Meanings and history of the name Lyle
- Famous real-life people named Lyle
Lyle Lettau O'Donohoe, Canadian actor
- Lyle in song, story & screen
Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile
Lyle Bennet, brother of main character on "Heroes"