Mairtín Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Martin:
From the Latin Martinus (of Mars, war-like), a derivative of Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. The name was borne by St. Martin of Tours (c. 315 – 397). He is mainly remembered for splitting his cloak in two and giving half to a beggar.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mairtín? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mairtín
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mairtín
- Comments and insights on the name Mairtín
Irish form of Martin
- Personal experiences with the name Mairtín
- Nicknames for Mairtín
- Meanings and history of the name Mairtín
- Famous real-life people named Mairtín
- Mairtín in song, story & screen