Malaquias Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Malachi:
Derived from the Hebrew mal'ākhī (my messenger). The name was borne by a 5th century B.C. prophet, the last of the Hebrew prophets. His prophecies of the coming Messiah and Judgement Day are recorded in the Old Testament book of Malachi.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Malaquias? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Malaquias
Contribute your knowledge to the name Malaquias
- Comments and insights on the name Malaquias
Spanish version of Malachi
- Personal experiences with the name Malaquias
- Nicknames for Malaquias
- Meanings and history of the name Malaquias
- Famous real-life people named Malaquias
- Malaquias in song, story & screen