Marcaeus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marcus:
A Latin name of uncertain derivation. Most believe it has its root in Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. Others, however, think it might be from mas (manly) or from the Greek malakoz (soft, tender).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marcaeus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marcaeus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marcaeus
- Comments and insights on the name Marcaeus
Could be related to Marcus.
- Personal experiences with the name Marcaeus
- Nicknames for Marcaeus
- Meanings and history of the name Marcaeus
(mar-KAY-us) MEANING: Virtuous Leader. Celtic & German
- Famous real-life people named Marcaeus
- Marcaeus in song, story & screen