Marko Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marco:
Derived from the Latin Marcus, a name of uncertain derivation. Most believe it has its root in Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. Others, however, think it might be from mas (manly) or from the Greek malakoz (soft, tender).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marko? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marko
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marko
- Comments and insights on the name Marko
- Personal experiences with the name Marko
- Nicknames for Marko
- Meanings and history of the name Marko
A variant spelling of Marco.
- Famous real-life people named Marko
Marko Jarić, Serbian professional basketball player.
Marko Marin, Serbian-born German footballer.
- Marko in song, story & screen