Marquel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mark:
English cognate of the Latin Marcus, a name of debated origin and meaning. Most believe it has its root in Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war, and thus give it the meaning “war-like.” Others, however, think it to be from mas (manly) or from the Greek malakoz (soft, tender). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the four evangelists, the author of the second Gospel.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marquel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marquel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marquel
- Comments and insights on the name Marquel
- Personal experiences with the name Marquel
- Nicknames for Marquel
- Meanings and history of the name Marquel
- Famous real-life people named Marquel
- Marquel in song, story & screen