Martinus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Martin:
From the Latin Martinus (of Mars, war-like), a derivative of Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. The name was borne by St. Martin of Tours (c. 315 – 397). He is mainly remembered for splitting his cloak in two and giving half to a beggar.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Martinus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Martinus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Martinus
- Comments and insights on the name Martinus
- Personal experiences with the name Martinus
- Nicknames for Martinus
- Meanings and history of the name Martinus
original Latin form of Martin
- Famous real-life people named Martinus
- Martinus in song, story & screen