Massimiliano Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maximilian:
Arose as a blending of the Latin Maximus (greatest) and Aemiliānus by the Emperor Frederich III, who bestowed it upon his first-born son, Maximilian I (1459 - 1519), in honor of two famous Roman generals. Maximus is directly derived from maximus (greatest), but the etymology of Aemiliānus is uncertain.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Massimiliano? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Massimiliano
Contribute your knowledge to the name Massimiliano
- Comments and insights on the name Massimiliano
- Personal experiences with the name Massimiliano
- Nicknames for Massimiliano
- Meanings and history of the name Massimiliano
- Famous real-life people named Massimiliano
- Massimiliano in song, story & screen