Matai Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Matai? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Matai
Contribute your knowledge to the name Matai
- Comments and insights on the name Matai
- Personal experiences with the name Matai
- Nicknames for Matai
- Meanings and history of the name Matai
A variant of the classic Matthew
Also a name for an evergreen tree in the Maori language
- Famous real-life people named Matai
Matai Smith, New Zealand television presenter
- Matai in song, story & screen