Matas Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Matas? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Matas
Contribute your knowledge to the name Matas
- Comments and insights on the name Matas
Lithuanian form of Matthew
- Personal experiences with the name Matas
- Nicknames for Matas
- Meanings and history of the name Matas
- Famous real-life people named Matas
- Matas in song, story & screen