Matthieu Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Matthieu? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Matthieu
Contribute your knowledge to the name Matthieu
- Comments and insights on the name Matthieu
- Personal experiences with the name Matthieu
- Nicknames for Matthieu
- Meanings and history of the name Matthieu
- Famous real-life people named Matthieu
- Matthieu in song, story & screen
Matthieu/Matthew Williams, The personification of the country of Canada, Axis Powers Hetalia