Mattson Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mattson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mattson
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mattson
- Comments and insights on the name Mattson
- Personal experiences with the name Mattson
My mother in laws maiden name is Matson and my husbands middle name is Matthew, so I came up with Mattson for my new son's middle name.
- Nicknames for Mattson
- Meanings and history of the name Mattson
- Famous real-life people named Mattson
- Mattson in song, story & screen