Matvey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Matvey? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Matvey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Matvey
- Comments and insights on the name Matvey
- Personal experiences with the name Matvey
- Nicknames for Matvey
- Meanings and history of the name Matvey
Russian (Матвей) form of Matthew.
- Famous real-life people named Matvey
Matvey Kuzmin, Russian peasant-patriot during WWII.
Matvey Korobov, Russian boxer.
- Matvey in song, story & screen