Mauricio Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mauricio:
Derived from the Latin Mauritius (Moorish), a derivative of Maurus (a Moor). The Moors were a Muslim people of mixed Arab and Berber descent; thus the name came to mean "dark" or "swarthy" in reference to their coloring.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mauricio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mauricio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mauricio
- Comments and insights on the name Mauricio
- Personal experiences with the name Mauricio
- Nicknames for Mauricio
Mau, Maury, Maui,Maurice, Wicho, muffin
- Meanings and history of the name Mauricio
- Famous real-life people named Mauricio
- Mauricio in song, story & screen