Maximillian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maximilian:
Arose as a blending of the Latin Maximus (greatest) and Aemiliānus by the Emperor Frederich III, who bestowed it upon his first-born son, Maximilian I (1459 - 1519), in honor of two famous Roman generals. Maximus is directly derived from maximus (greatest), but the etymology of Aemiliānus is uncertain.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maximillian? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maximillian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maximillian
- Comments and insights on the name Maximillian
- Personal experiences with the name Maximillian
- Nicknames for Maximillian
- Meanings and history of the name Maximillian
- Famous real-life people named Maximillian
St. Maximillian Kolbe
- Maximillian in song, story & screen
Maximillian Winter was the brooding hero of Daphne DuMaurier's novel, "Rebecca"