McKenzie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mackenzie:
Transferred use of the Irish surname which is from the Gaelic Mac Coinnigh (son of Coinneach). Coinneach is derived from cainneach (fair one; handsome).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a McKenzie? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring McKenzie
Contribute your knowledge to the name McKenzie
- Comments and insights on the name McKenzie
- Personal experiences with the name McKenzie
- Nicknames for McKenzie
- Meanings and history of the name McKenzie
Meaning: "son of the handsome one"
- Famous real-life people named McKenzie
- McKenzie in song, story & screen