Merrill Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Merrill:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the female name Muriel (sea bright), an Anglicized form of the Irish Muirgheal.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Merrill? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Merrill
Contribute your knowledge to the name Merrill
- Comments and insights on the name Merrill
- Personal experiences with the name Merrill
Can be used as a girl's name as well- with the nickname of Merry or Merri.
- Nicknames for Merrill
- Meanings and history of the name Merrill
- Famous real-life people named Merrill
- Merrill in song, story & screen
Merrill Hess, one of the four main characters in the movie "Signs"