Mihai Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Michael:
Derived from the Hebrew mīkhā’ē‘l (Who is like God?). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels. He is the one closest to God and is responsible for carrying out God's judgments. Var: Michaell, Michail.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mihai? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mihai
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mihai
- Comments and insights on the name Mihai
Romanian form of Michael
- Personal experiences with the name Mihai
- Nicknames for Mihai
- Meanings and history of the name Mihai
- Famous real-life people named Mihai
Mihai the Brave was a prince of Wallachia who united Romania in the early 17th century.
Mihai Eminescu, a Romanian poet.
Mihai Trăistariu, a Romanian singer.
- Mihai in song, story & screen