Mika Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Michael:
Derived from the Hebrew mīkhā’ē‘l (Who is like God?). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels. He is the one closest to God and is responsible for carrying out God's judgments. Var: Michaell, Michail.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mika? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mika
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mika
- Comments and insights on the name Mika
- Personal experiences with the name Mika
- Nicknames for Mika
- Meanings and history of the name Mika
Short form of Mikael and Miroslav.
Pronounced: MYE-kah or more commonly MEE-kah
- Famous real-life people named Mika
Mika, Lebanese-born British pop singer.
Mika Häkkinen, Finnish two-time Formula One champion.
Mika Antić, Serbian poet.
- Mika in song, story & screen