Minik Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Minik
Contribute your knowledge to the name Minik
- Comments and insights on the name Minik
Minik is currently a very popular name in Greenland.
This name made the news in April 2011, when Prince Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander of Denmark was christened.
- Personal experiences with the name Minik
- Nicknames for Minik
- Meanings and history of the name Minik
From the native language of Greenland, meaning "oil used as sealing for skin boats"
- Famous real-life people named Minik
Minik Wallace, Inuit boy made famous by Robert Peary, who brought him to New York after Peary's Arctic expeditions
Prince Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander of Denmark, twin son of Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary, who was given this name as a nod to Greenland, a Danish possession.
- Minik in song, story & screen