Moishe Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Moses:
From the Hebrew mōsheh (drawn out, drawn out of the water) and the Egyptian mes, mesu (son, child).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Moishe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Moishe
- Comments and insights on the name Moishe
Yiddish form of Moses
- Personal experiences with the name Moishe
- Nicknames for Moishe
- Meanings and history of the name Moishe
- Famous real-life people named Moishe
- Moishe in song, story & screen