Máté Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Máté? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Máté
Contribute your knowledge to the name Máté
- Comments and insights on the name Máté
Hungarian form of Matthew
- Personal experiences with the name Máté
- Nicknames for Máté
- Meanings and history of the name Máté
- Famous real-life people named Máté
- Máté in song, story & screen
dokgo mate(a character played by korean actor Jang Geun Suk in the movie Pretty Man)