Mungo Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mungo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mungo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mungo
- Comments and insights on the name Mungo
- Personal experiences with the name Mungo
- Nicknames for Mungo
- Meanings and history of the name Mungo
Nickname of the 6th century apostle, Saint Kentigern, who more commonly know as Mungo. The source of the name is unclear, possibly Gaelic mo-chohe meaning 'dear one', Welsh fy nghi 'my dog (pet)', or Welsh mwyn "gentle, kind".
- Famous real-life people named Mungo
Mungo Park, Scottish explorer of the African continent.
- Mungo in song, story & screen
Mungo Jerry, 1970's English rock group.
In the Harry Potter books, St. Mungo's Hospital is where Neville Longbottom's parents are cared for.