Mychal Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Michael:
Derived from the Hebrew mīkhā’ē‘l (Who is like God?). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels. He is the one closest to God and is responsible for carrying out God's judgments. Var: Michaell, Michail.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mychal? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mychal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mychal
- Comments and insights on the name Mychal
- Personal experiences with the name Mychal
- Nicknames for Mychal
- Meanings and history of the name Mychal
A variant of Michael.
- Famous real-life people named Mychal
Mychal Thompson, retired Bahamian-American NBA basketball player.
Mychal Judge, fire chaplain of the New York Fire Department, was the first official casualty of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Mychal in song, story & screen