Nahum Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nahum? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nahum
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nahum
- Comments and insights on the name Nahum
- Personal experiences with the name Nahum
- Nicknames for Nahum
- Meanings and history of the name Nahum
Hebrew name, meaning 'comforter'. Nahum was a minor prophet in the Bible.
Pronounced: NAY-əm, NAY-həm
- Famous real-life people named Nahum
Nahum Tate, Irish poet and England's poet laurette in 1692
Saint Nahum, enlightener of the Bulgarians
Saint Nahum of Solovki (1853), repose of Elder
Saint Nahum of Ochrida (9th cenury)
Saint Nahum, holy Equal-to-the-Apostle, disciple of Saints Cyril and Methodius (10th century)
Saint Nahum, prophet (7th century B.C.)
- Nahum in song, story & screen