Natan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nathan:
Derived from the Hebrew nāthān (gift). The name is borne in the Bible by a prophet who rebuked King David for the death of Uriah, which enabled the king to marry Bathsheba, Uriah's wife.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Natan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Natan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Natan
- Comments and insights on the name Natan
- Personal experiences with the name Natan
- Nicknames for Natan
- Meanings and history of the name Natan
A variation of the Yiddish name, Nissel.
- Famous real-life people named Natan
- Natan in song, story & screen