Nehmia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nehemiah:
Derived from the Hebrew nechemyāh (comforted by Jehovah). The name is borne in the Bible by a Hebrew leader of about the 5th century B.C. He was a patriot of the exile and governor of the city of Jerusalem, which he returned to physical and religious order. Nehemiah authored the book that bears his name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Nehmia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nehmia
- Comments and insights on the name Nehmia
- Personal experiences with the name Nehmia
- Nicknames for Nehmia
- Meanings and history of the name Nehmia
Hebrew for Yaweh is my comfort, according to another site.
- Famous real-life people named Nehmia
Variant of Nehamiah, of the Bible.
- Nehmia in song, story & screen