Neill Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Neil:
Anglicized form of the Gaelic Niall, which is of disputed meaning. Some believe it is from niadh (a champion); others think it is from néall (a cloud).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Neill? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Neill
Contribute your knowledge to the name Neill
- Comments and insights on the name Neill
my brothers name neill and he loves it most spell it Neil it is more original this way
- Personal experiences with the name Neill
- Nicknames for Neill
- Meanings and history of the name Neill
- Famous real-life people named Neill
Neill Blomkamp, a South African-Canadian director, writer, producer and animator
Sam Neill, actor
- Neill in song, story & screen