Niilo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nicholas:
From the Latin Nicolaus, a derivative of the Greek Nikolaos (victory of the people), a compound name composed of the elements nikē (victory) and laos (the people). The name was borne by St. Nicholas, a 4th-century bishop of Myra who is regarded as the patron saint of Russia and Greece, and of children, sailors, and wolves.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Niilo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Niilo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Niilo
- Comments and insights on the name Niilo
Finnish form of Nicholas
- Personal experiences with the name Niilo
- Nicknames for Niilo
- Meanings and history of the name Niilo
- Famous real-life people named Niilo
- Niilo in song, story & screen