Nikolasz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nicholas:
From the Latin Nicolaus, a derivative of the Greek Nikolaos (victory of the people), a compound name composed of the elements nikē (victory) and laos (the people). The name was borne by St. Nicholas, a 4th-century bishop of Myra who is regarded as the patron saint of Russia and Greece, and of children, sailors, and wolves.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Nikolasz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nikolasz
- Comments and insights on the name Nikolasz
Hungarian form of Nicholas
- Personal experiences with the name Nikolasz
- Nicknames for Nikolasz
- Meanings and history of the name Nikolasz
- Famous real-life people named Nikolasz
- Nikolasz in song, story & screen