O'Connor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Connor:
Anglicized form of the Irish Gaelic Conchobhar, a compound name composed of the ele-ments conn (wisdom, counsel, strength) or con (hound, dog) and cobhair (aid). “High, will, desire” and “hound lover” are other definitions attributed to the name. Var: Conner.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an O'Connor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring O'Connor
Contribute your knowledge to the name O'Connor
- Comments and insights on the name O'Connor
Its a perfect name if you love Connor, but want something more unique
O'Connor is a common surname
- Personal experiences with the name O'Connor
- Nicknames for O'Connor
- Meanings and history of the name O'Connor
- Famous real-life people named O'Connor
- O'Connor in song, story & screen