Olivander Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Oliver:
Derived from the French Olivier, which is generally considered to be from the Old French olivier (olive tree). Some believe it is of Germanic origin, however, and is thus probably from the Middle Low German Alfihar, a compound name composed of the elements alf (elf) and hari (army): hence, "elf army."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Olivander? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Olivander
Contribute your knowledge to the name Olivander
- Comments and insights on the name Olivander
- Personal experiences with the name Olivander
- Nicknames for Olivander
- Meanings and history of the name Olivander
- Famous real-life people named Olivander
- Olivander in song, story & screen
Garrick Olivander, owner of Olivander's Wand Shop in Harry Potter