Oliwier Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Oliver:
Derived from the French Olivier, which is generally considered to be from the Old French olivier (olive tree). Some believe it is of Germanic origin, however, and is thus probably from the Middle Low German Alfihar, a compound name composed of the elements alf (elf) and hari (army): hence, "elf army."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Oliwier? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Oliwier
Contribute your knowledge to the name Oliwier
- Comments and insights on the name Oliwier
Polish form of Oliver
- Personal experiences with the name Oliwier
- Nicknames for Oliwier
- Meanings and history of the name Oliwier
- Famous real-life people named Oliwier
- Oliwier in song, story & screen