Ollivander Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ollivander? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ollivander
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ollivander
- Comments and insights on the name Ollivander
- Personal experiences with the name Ollivander
- Nicknames for Ollivander
- Meanings and history of the name Ollivander
From Harry Potter, the surname of an old wandmaking family. It's been speculated that the name's origin is "olive wand" and that it points to a Mediterranean origin for the family. But the "vand" root is Germanic, not Latinate, and the v is presumably part of that root. That leaves the first element as "olli" which, in surnames like Ollis, refers to HOLLY. Thus perhaps "Bearer of a holly wand."
- Famous real-life people named Ollivander
- Ollivander in song, story & screen
Harry Potter's wandmaker Mr. Ollivander