Olliver Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Oliver:
Derived from the French Olivier, which is generally considered to be from the Old French olivier (olive tree). Some believe it is of Germanic origin, however, and is thus probably from the Middle Low German Alfihar, a compound name composed of the elements alf (elf) and hari (army): hence, "elf army."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Olliver? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Olliver
Contribute your knowledge to the name Olliver
- Comments and insights on the name Olliver
- Personal experiences with the name Olliver
- Nicknames for Olliver
- Meanings and history of the name Olliver
Variant of Oliver
- Famous real-life people named Olliver
- Olliver in song, story & screen