Orest Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Orest? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Orest
Contribute your knowledge to the name Orest
- Comments and insights on the name Orest
Croatian, Russian, and Ukrainian form of the Greek name Orestes.
- Personal experiences with the name Orest
- Nicknames for Orest
- Meanings and history of the name Orest
From behindthename.com: 'Derived from Greek ορεστιας (orestias) meaning "of the mountains". In Greek myth he was the son of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra. He killed his mother and her lover Aegisthus after they killed his father.'
- Famous real-life people named Orest
Orest Kiprensky, a leading Russian portraitist in the Age of Romanticism
- Orest in song, story & screen