Orestis Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Orestis? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Orestis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Orestis
- Comments and insights on the name Orestis
Can also be spelled Orestes and Arestis.
- Personal experiences with the name Orestis
- Nicknames for Orestis
- Meanings and history of the name Orestis
Modern Greek form of Orestes. Derived from Greek ορεστιας (orestias) meaning "of the mountains".
In Greek mythology, Orestis is the son of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra.
Pronounced: o-RES-teez o-REH-stis
- Famous real-life people named Orestis
- Orestis in song, story & screen
Orestes, Ancient Greek play by Euripides.