Osca Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Oscar:
derived from a Norman baronial name taken from a French place-name meaning "golden city." Others think it is merely an invention of the novelist Fanny Burney, who used it for the hero in her novel Evelina (1778).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Osca
Contribute your knowledge to the name Osca
- Comments and insights on the name Osca
Osca gaelic form of Oscar.
- Personal experiences with the name Osca
- Nicknames for Osca
- Meanings and history of the name Osca
Osca is son of Oisin and Everallin in the poem (or ballad) of Fingal. These names are sometimes written as Oscar and Ossian. (prn Osh-in)
- Famous real-life people named Osca
- Osca in song, story & screen