Othmar Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Otto:
From the Old High German Otho and Odo, which are derived from auda (rich). The name was borne by Otto I (912 - 73), a king of Germany and emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. The older form of Odo is also bestowed, but it is much less common.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Othmar
Contribute your knowledge to the name Othmar
- Comments and insights on the name Othmar
- Personal experiences with the name Othmar
- Nicknames for Othmar
- Meanings and history of the name Othmar
Old High German elements Ott "prosperity" and mari "fame."
- Famous real-life people named Othmar
St. Othmar, founder and the first abbot of the Abbey of St. Gall.
Othmar Ammann, Swiss structural engineer, known for George Washington Bridge and Bayonne Bridge.
Othmar Schoeck, Swiss composer and conductor.
- Othmar in song, story & screen